Top 5 Classic Card Games your tween will love – Just as you did!
I call these Classic Card Games, because I really don’t know how to categorize them. Really, they’re probably not old enough to be considered technically “classic”, but I don’t know the appropriate term for things that were popular between 20 and 30 years ago! Not modern, that’s for sure! Semi-classic maybe?
#5 Phase 10 – Do you remember the 10 phases to go through for this Rummy like card game? I’ll have to look at the directions every time!
- Second card game in the world
- Contains 108 cards
- Game for 2 to 6 players
- Age recommended 8 and above
- Fully detailed instructions
#4 Skip-Bo – I always loved playing this game growing up! I can even remember my sisters and I playing (before kids) when we’d get together at our parents’ house even after we were no longer teens!
- A fresh new look at the classic, strategic card game that’s been a favorite with kids and adults for years
- Skip-Bo? is the ultimate sequencing card game from the makers of UNO?!
- Players use skill and strategy to create sequential stacks of cards
- First player to use all the cards in their stockpile wins
- Recommended Age Range 7 and Up
#3 Monopoly Deal – This game is a lot of fun! I know we didn’t have Monopoly Deal growing up, but we did have Monopoly! This is a very… short… version of Monopoly! It may take having to look up a video on YouTube to get all of the rules right, but my tween and I love to play this game! My husband even gets into it from time to time!
- New Monopoly Deal card game that is moving through Family Game Nights everywhere
- Collect 3 complete property sets but beware of the Debt Collectors, Forced Deals and Deal Breakers
- If your looking for a fun family/friend game this is it
- Now only plays up to five players
- Fun, fast dealing¿every card counts
- It takes apprx 45 min to play w/5 people, apprx 35 min w/4, apprx 15-25 minutes w/3 people and apprx 5-15 minutes w/2 people
#2 Uno H2O To Go Card Game – We all love classic Uno, that’s a give, but a few weeks ago, my daugther popped up with this really neat updated version of Uno!
- Take this rugged version UNO with you anywhere
- Durable plastic cards resist water and dirt
- UNO sport also comes with a handy hook
- Lets you clip your deck on your beach bag, backpack, or camping gear
- Ready to play UNO where ever you want
#1 Bicycle Playing Cards – Nothing beats a good ol’ deck of Bicycle playing cards! The possibilities are endless with a pack of these, and you and your tween can be as creative as you want and make up your own games! That’s what we do!! The sky is the limit and the rules change with every hand! They come in red or blue decks, skinny or fat numbers, fancy and plain.. I always liked getting a red and blue deck and mixing them to play a double hand of whatever game was in store for us!
Not expecting my #1? Haha.. well, Bicycle Playing Cards are TRULY classics, and to me, one of my all time faves!!!